Dude. I completely fail at this blogging thing. I just never find the time to sit down and write, and honestly? It makes me angry with myself. I’m going to give myself a stern talking-to later on.
Anyway, I promised a Pinterest Challenge project, so… well, I don’t have one. We started it. Bought materials, prepped, cut, stained, everything except for assembling. I’m still waiting for K to put the thing together. You might be thinking “well, if you want it together so badly, why don’t you just do it yourself?” Trust me, not a good idea. Me and power tools have a long-standing history of them basically sabotaging me – and my skin. It’s best if I just don’t talk about it.
So, it’s Friday, and Friday means tomorrow’s Saturday, and Saturdays are FULL of free time, right? I wish. BUT I’m hoping and praying that while I’m spending 3 hours in a salon chair while the lovely Kelsey erases weeks of damage to my hair, something will inspire my Mister to finish the project that has been sitting in my parking spot in our garage for 2 weeks, leaving my poor little car alone in the night.
In other news – we’ve actually been looking at houses! An incredible opportunity opened up with our Landlord – who is truly the Dalai Lama of all landlords – and he is open to the idea of purchasing a house, which we will then rent for one year and eventually purchase from him on contract. We’re opting to go this route for a number of reasons -
- We have not saved ANYTHING towards a down payment
- Anything we DO save is being funneled towards our wedding (11 Months!!)
- Our current lease doesn’t end until April 2013, meaning that we would be moving 2 months before our wedding or staying in our not-big-enough-for-a-family-of-three condo until wedding festivities are over, but then we come back to the “no downpayment” issue.
- We will be getting a nicer home than what we could finance on our own through a bank.
- The market is so good now, we didn’t want to miss out on potentially snatching up a house for a GREAT price by waiting a year.
So, we’re super excited. Unfortunately, after looking at all current listings in the area, we compiled a list of 4 favorites and received responses from the sellers that 3 of them already have sales pending. We had a showing for the 4th house last night, and were pretty impressed overall, but it’s on the opposite side of town from where we’re hoping to be.
Here’s to a successful week of house hunting!
PS – I’m pretty sure I need a “blogging” sponsor. Like in AA how your sponsor tries to keep you OFF the bandwagon, I need someone to keep me ON :) Any takers?